Monday, April 14, 2014

Greetings from Janice

This is Sharon checking in on behalf of Janice.  She was able to call me briefly and this is what I gathered in the three minutes or so that we spoke.

The ship has stopped in Columbia and in Panama, however the captain did not allow the passengers (Janice and the Australian) to get off of the ship. I feel like there is a really good story here that I’m sure we will all enjoy when she returns or has steady Internet access.

Sailing through the Panama Canal was everything she hoped it would be and more! It sounds like she was able to take photos so it will be exciting to see these at some point.

The kitchen crew is from Myanmar, and the crew is mostly from Bulgaria and Romania.  She is watching a lot of movies and staring at a lot of water!  She is hoping to be able to get off of the ship for a bit in New Zealand, but she is not certain if that will be allowed. 

The next stop is New Zealand - ETA April 29th.    Hello to everyone !!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Sharon, for the update! I'm so glad she enjoyed the Canal. I've been through it and it is a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update! Exciting stuff.

    ReplyDelete