Friday, April 4, 2014

Bon Voyage

View from my office
Got on board and I am the only female on the ship.  I was introduced to the cook who made me some french fries. :)  I told him I was a vegetarian and he said "no problem."  There is one other passenger, and he is from Australia.   He seems really nice and chatty and has been on the ship for about a week.   Word on the street ship is that the captain is not very friendly, so I have at least 28 days to turn him around. Ha ha ha.  The Australian is also working on breaking the captain down.  There is a very friendly German inspector (very cute) who will get off in Panama.  He’s been gone for a year going from one ship to another. I know that we will stop in Columbia and Panama but more to come as I find out the details.  Apparently we are carrying cartons of raw animal hides – great for a vegetarian.  We have a shipment of at least 30 tires that cost $60,000 each.  They are going to the mines in Australia.   The Australian said he has not been able to get on WiFi during the trip, so I may not be able to write for a bit.
Taking off from Charleston

We are beginning to move.  A tug boat seems to be taking us out to start us on our journey ...

Note:  Be sure to check out the slideshow at the bottom of this blog. (unfortunately, it's not compatible with Apple devices.)

8 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage, dear friend! I hope the trip is everything you expect and more. What an awesome adventure. Miss you! XXOO
    Anne M

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wifi ! What kinda a boat is it? Hear from you when you reach Panama. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I managed to get onto your blog. Never thought I would do it. It has been interesting!! Your freighter is much larger than one Bob and I came out on. And your room, living area etc is way way nicer. Am looking forward to hearing/reading about your trip through the canal. Where is the Aussie from? state? town? Looking forward to camping with you. God bless. Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cute German? Do I need to be jealous???
    Loved the pictures and they made me want to be there! Have a blast, Janice!
    Love, Falk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how I missed all the room and office pictures before but they are great. Seems pretty spacious. The desk is very executive like, fancy pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the ship went through the canal today. Anxious to hear how you are! Playing Scrabble with the Captain yet? :-) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Janice!!! I see you have blogs that is great we can talk to you. If I did my maritime search right you are through the canal and headed towards the San Jose Islands. I am spending a lot of time volunteering at the senior center. I helped with a run George Remhet put on Sat. 4-12 in San Carlos. Frances and Ted and Anne and 2 others from your local running gang were there. Are you driving all aboard the ship wild laying out on deck getting sun tanned? I am glad the cook is working with you on your meals. Have you won over the captain yet? Any one who doesn't want to hang out with you should be thrown over board. You loaded lots of good programs on the I Pod thank you!! LOVE AND WARM THOUGHTS FROM ALL THE RUNNERS OH YEAH AND ME TO!!!! VINCE YOUR #7

    ReplyDelete